Tuesday, January 10, 2012

By Now

He's hurt me. Not physically, but emotionally.
By now, we should be in love, not avoiding each other.
"How many times have you used that line before?"
His words are still ringing in my ears. I see him, walking to class.
He looks up and I catch his eye. He nods. I shoot him a half-smile, while my heart breaks apart.
Why is it that whenever you're trying to get over someone they get cuter every time you see them?
By now, I should be throwing my arms around him, not getting over him.
I look back at him, at his beautiful face, now walking away.
He's hurt me, but have I hurt him?
He turns back. I see his eyes, piercing through mine.
I want to run to him, hug him, kiss him like we used to.
But I don't.
I turn back and keep walking, leaving a part of me behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!