Monday, January 16, 2012

Go Back part 2: What's Wrong With Me?

I can barely read or write.
My head feels like it's been split open, glued back together, and now someone is trying to split it open again.
My words never some out right.
I can't remember what I did yesterday.
I don't remember names, dates, faces, anything.
What's wrong with me?
The doctors say it's a severe concussion. It's going to take up to a year to recover, maybe more. I'll be feeling like this for months.
And I should give up soccer forever.
I firmly told the doctors mo. I will not be ending my soccer career.
It means too much to me.
They try to explain that, if I get hit one more time, I could be paralyzed, unable to speak, or possibly dead.
And yet I still want to go back to my sport.
What's wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!