Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sometimes

Sometimes, I think of you.
I wonder what you're doing right now.
Sometimes, I remember the memories we shared.
I looks at the pictures, read the letters, and feel what we were feeling then.
Sometimes, I get sad.
I realize things will never be the same. That what happened will never happen again. That I will never be the center of his life. That, one day, someone else will make him laugh.
But then, it hits me.
One day, I'll have someone that will make me laugh. That will be the center of my life. And new memories will be made.
Sometimes, we have a hard time letting go.
We tend to hold on too tightly.
But what we don't know is that there's someone out there for us.
We hold onto our first love because we're scared we're never going to find that again.
We live in fear of not being loved like that.
We're scared to step out.
We don't understand that there's a better person for us.
Sometimes, I take a step back and remember that you aren't meant for me.
And that I'll find someone who will treat me much better than you ever did.
Because, someday, you're going to come looking for me.
But you won't find me.
Because, eventually, I'll find him.
And I'll know for sure that I don't need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!