Friday, June 22, 2012

Go back part 5: New Hope and Old Memories

In about a week, it will be 8 months since my concussion. I'm still not healed, but I'm getting there. Through a lucky string of events, I have new hope for my soccer career I had physical therapy for a long time before switching over neurofeedback, or which I call brain therapy. The point of brain therapy is to alter the way my brainwaves work. After the hits, my brainwaves created a new pattern, therefore not functioning properly. This caused anxiety, massive headaches and memory loss. Lately, I've gotten some memory back, but. It necessarily memory that I want back. That's the tricky thing: I've gotten used to not knowing that it's taking a lot to get used to knowing these old memories. My life is a legit roller coaster right now. One minutes I'm at the top, the next I'm hurling downwards, and other times I'm spiraling out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!